Tuesday, April 04, 2006

i'm off to the tanning bed!

I went to the doctor today because I had these weird red splotches all over my stomach. She says they were caused by the antibiotics I was taking for my strep throat. But guess what the remedy is? Sunlight. I have to expose the rash to sunlight. What the heck? Have you ever heard of that?


But she showed me the picture in a book, and the guy in the picture had a stomach that looked an awfully lot like mine. And I read in the book that the cure is sunlight. So now…I’m going to go to a tanning salon for the first time in my life. (I don’t really want to expose my stomach to the light of day…yet.)

Guess what, though? While at the doctor’s office I weighed in, and I’ve lost two more pounds! I've been eating healthy as well as exercising five times a week, and it's paying off. My praise of SparkPeople grows and grows. I’m so very proud of myself and I feel so much better. Yay for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's the craziest thing! and, i'm so flippin' proud of you and the SparkPeople thing!

Anonymous said...

Holls....the fake-n-bake is not the real sun though. Be careful when you go! We don't want you to be the new UV princess.

Tara Kay said...

Yay for you! Hey, if you need someone to go with you to the tanning place, you know I'm your woman! Ironic after all the years of disapproval.

Steve said...

That is VERY VERY true. I am living proof. UV exposure to the skin does help the skin heal. I have had psoriasis episodes and have done phototherapy (which is like 50X more powerful than the tanning bed) BUT it does help the skin. If you do it moderately and sensibly, IT DEFINITELY helps. Glad to hear from you!! Talk to you soon! And take care of your man! He's sick! LOL. ---ST