Tuesday, June 07, 2005

i'm in love, i'm in love and i don't care who knows it

Yes, that's right. I don't care who knows I'm in love. I don't care how cheesy you think this entry is--I am married to the best man in the universe and I can talk about it if I want to.

My husband cuddles with me every night and morning. I can't tell you how safe and how loved I feel because of this. Recently we had a sort of fight, and had stopped talking to each other for a while (I hate it when this happens, but...). When we went to bed, we put our arms around each other and it wasn't long before we were talking again. I love the time I get to spend cuddling with JJ.

I love when my husband and I are sitting next to each other and he reaches over and touches me on the leg or arm. It's not a major thing, but every time he does it, I feel very reassured and loved.

JJ is also very patient. Don't get me wrong, he's got a temper--as do I. But he is always willing to listen to me, to work things through, and to go along with my quirky thought process.

My husband is generous. If I ask him for something, he will do it without questioning me. I am so blessed in this respect. If there's a way to make me happy, he will do it. It's definitely something I can learn from him. I love my husband very much, but sometimes my selfishness gets in the way of doing good for him. JJ is very unselfish in giving to me. And I love him for it.

Sometimes I can be pretty needy, and JJ doesn't get annoyed by it. Instead, he hugs me, or says he loves me for the millionth time that day, or does whatever I need to feel reassured. Bless him for that, because sometimes I just need reassurance.

I'm not saying our relationship is perfect. We have problems just like everybody else, some of them more difficult than others. But I cannot say it strongly enough--I married an incredible man and I am blessed beyond measure because of it.

1 comment:

Abel Keogh said...

Sounds like you found the perfect man. Congrats!