Friday, September 30, 2005

bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there’ll be sun

Annie was right…tomorrow did bring sunshine back to my life. Amazing.

I watched an old movie last night – Cover Girl – a cheesy 1940s musical, but it only cheered me up a bit. I also decided to work out with weights, which made me feel better also. But I was still feeling pretty down, so I brought out my guitar and played all the sad songs I know how to play. That helped a lot. I’ve gotta remember to play more—my spirit was considerably lifted by singing and playing.

But the thing that helped most is that J talked with me for a long time. I think we both needed to talk, actually. And now I’m feeling 100% better. J is so good, and I feel very blessed to have him. And I have some direction for what I can work on to be a better wife. So…I’m back to feeling good, just like I knew I would.

*******************

I forgot to post that the other night J talked in his sleep again! It’s so fascinating to me. This time I didn’t say a word to him. He talked extensively in Albanian for about 5 minutes, and then switched over to Italian for the next 10 minutes. I don’t know what he was saying, but it was strange to listen to, because it sounded like a robot or something, just talking and talking. I think I heard the words heart attack, meat, and then a big list of vegetables and foods. Other than that, it was all greek to me.

*******************

The other day J said to me, “So what kind of dog do you want?” Is he softening? :)

*******************

Okay, last thing -- I realized in my car this morning on the way to work that I forgot to put deodorant on. Isn't that the worst feeling? (Or am I the only one who has forgotten such a vital thing?!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful outlook you have!! And such a marvelous hubby, too:) Oh, and he speaks Albanian AND Italian?? Or just sub-conscious Mr. Ronk? And I forget the brush my teeth. But, by the time I leave the house I figure I've eaten enough stuff to cover up my morning breath. I hope??

holli jo said...

Thanks, Reva...I try. And yes, my genius husband speaks Italian, Albanian, and Spanish.

And I don't feel so bad now about the deodorant. :)