Thursday, July 06, 2006

help me!

Job searching is hard. That's what I'm supposed to be doing right now. But I'll tell you why I get discouraged.

1. The area I have education in -library science- I don't seem to have enough experience, and there aren't enough library jobs to go around. So I get interviews, but the jobs go to someone who already has experience. Or, let's face it, maybe I don't interview well. I don't know. But I'm not getting anywhere in the library science field.

2. The area I want to move toward -health and wellness- seems to only have jobs for people who ALREADY HAVE EXPERIENCE. Well, how do I get the experience?!! Let me guess. Take a job that pays $8 an hour in order to provide me the experience. Can't do it.

So...what do I do? I can't really take much of a pay cut. I really can't right now. But at the same time, I REALLY can't take this job anymore, either.

Suggestions, anyone?

No comments: