Monday, March 05, 2007

i've wanted to do this for some time

I want to start a website. I have a couple of ideas for it. I love the thought of providing resources for people, of gaining readership and building something that people can come to and enjoy. But here's why I hesitate:

1. I tend to move from one topic to another. I fall in love with an idea for a while, but then I move on to the next thing I fall in love with and leave the former thing sitting alone by itself, wondering why it's suddenly so very alone. (Case in point -- DDR. Six months ago I was in LOVE with DDR. Now? I use it about once a month, if that.)

2. I don't post consistently enough right now. If I did start a website, I would need to post frequently -- daily would be optimal.

Well, those are the main reasons for my hesitation, but...I think I'm just going to create one anyway. I need an outlet. And I might as well do this. The fact is, the topic I'm thinking about has been on my mind for a long time -- for two years, at least. It's actually a topic I've always been interested in, so I'm less likely to abandon it.

I'll let you know if I actually do it.

1 comment:

Mrs Andy said...

If you're worried about abandoning an idea, partner up with some one, who can keep you motivated, or at least keep your mind from wandering.